Can you believe I was supposed to be on vacation this week?
I went into work for a couple hours and ended up being there half the day. The rest of my day was spent running back and forth to Sherwin-Williams for paint samples. By the time all that was over, my day was pretty much done.
If only Glacier National Park wasn't on fire, I could have been living an entirely different life right now... if just for a while. Instead, my mind is all over the place...
- Does a tablespoon of peanut butter count as "food" when taking a pill that needs to be taken with food? It's all that sounded good.
- Have my cats totally figured me out? Whenever Jake see's me walking upstairs now, he dashes up ahead of me and stops half-way because he knows I will always stop to pet him. Jenny knows exactly how to curtail my morning routine in order to get petted. They know exactly what to do to get exactly what they want, and I'm starting to feel programmed!
- How does one walk into Home Depot and spend less than $100, even when they don't need anything and just wanted to look at something real quick? Asking for a friend.
- I am building new cabinet doors, which requires a pocket screw jig, a concealed hinge jig, and a cabinet hardware jig to do a good job. Am I EVER going to run out of tools to buy? Because every time I start a new project, there's something new I have to get. I honestly thought that my biscuit cutter would be the end of it, but here we are.
- Is it just me, or has "Younger" jumped the shark? I really liked the first two seasons... but now I'm only watching because I like Debi Mazar.
- I have a web browser shortcut to Facebook which takes me directly to "Most recent stories"... where Facebook ALWAYS gives me a link which says "Back to top stories." Why in the hell is Facebook forever trying to make me look at Top Stories? Do they get more money? What the fuck do they care how I order my stories? Why not let me set Facebook to ALWAYS show "Most recent stories," which is what I want?
- And, while we're at it... why the fuck does Facebook put OLD stories in "Most recent stories" just because somebody commented on them? A comment doesn't make an old story "new" again, dumbasses. If I want to look at a new comment on an old story, I'll click on it in the Notifications drop-down.
- I loathe Pillsbury canned biscuits... they have an acidic/burnt oil residual taste that grosses me out. But then I bought the Pillsbury frozen biscuits on a whim, and love them. Not only do they taste amazing, but I can bake only as many as I want instead of a whole batch! Will I ever make homemade biscuits again? I honestly don't know... because the frozen biscuits are kinda expensive. But so easy. And yummy.
- Why am I fascinated by absolutely everything my cats do? I love watching them do simple stuff like eat, sit, walk, sleep, and give themselves a bath even. I thought it would get old after a year-and-a-half, but it hasn't. I'm as obsessed as I ever was.
- How do I fit more hours in the day? Because I've got a stack of new LEGO Dimensions expansion packs sitting on my dresser, and they aren't going to play themselves. With all the work and projects on my plate, I have no idea when I'll ever get to them. IF I'll ever get to them.
And now? Time to put away all my guest room furnishings since my friends didn't have to evacuate their home and crash at my place after all. So grateful. I mean, I love having company over... but not like this.
Stay safe, everybody.