It's my last Bullet Sunday before vacation! I'd be happy about that, but there's just such an obscene amount of stuff that has to be done before I leave. Guess this is going to be a short one.
• Impostor. The number of people getting their Facebook and Twitter accounts hacked is reaching epic proportions. Today there was a run on Twitter, where SEVEN people I follow got hacked and are now sending me spam.
Sooooo... if you are sent link FROM ANYONE... EVEN PEOPLE YOU KNOW... where you get a login page, DON'T TRUST IT! Always question these pages. Because while they may look authentic...
All too often they are not. See that extra "j" in there?
• Doom. The bees are attacking, tons of space junk are falling from the sky, and beavers are going to inherit the earth... but the good news is that Pop Tarts keeps coming up with new flavors, which has allowed me to finally fulfill my annual New Years resolutions!
- Try a Pop-Tart flavor I've never had before. DONE! I've now tried "Confetti Cake" and "Wild Berry Bloom" flavors!
- Travel somewhere I've never been before. DONE! Along with my upcoming trip to Australia, this year I finally got to visit Málaga and Marbella in Spain.
- Visit a Hard Rock Cafe I haven't seen before. DONE! Visited the new cafe in Venice, Italy; Honolulu, Hawaii; and Marbella, Spain. More (hopefully) to come.
- Drink a beer I've never drank before. DONE! This is an easy one, because I try lots of new beers each year. My favorite so far? The beer coming from Odin Brewing Co. in Seattle. It's not the best I've ever had, but it's good and it's different. Their "Freya's Gold" is a "Kolsch Style Ale" I can live with, which has not been true for every other one I've tasted outside of Cologne, Germany.
- Get another Apple product. DONE! iPad2.
Here's hoping next year is as adventurous and delicious as 2011!
• Emmy. I'm pretty sick of crappy awards shows... especially award shows like The Emmys which get it all wrong more often than not. This year, of the major nominations given, here's my take...
- ✖ Directing for a Comedy Series: (should be) Pamela Fryman How I Met Your Mother.
- ✖ Lead Actress In A Comedy Series: (should be) Martha Plimpton from Raising Hope.
- ★ Lead Actor In A Comedy Series: Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory.
- ✖ Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series: (should be) Betty White from Hot in Cleveland.
- ✖ Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series: (should be) Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family.
- ★ Comedy Series: Modern Family.
- ★ Directing for a Drama Series: Martin Scorsese from Boardwalk Empire.
- ✖ Lead Actress In A Drama Series: (should be) Kathy Bates from Harry's Law.
- ✖ Lead Actor In A Drama Series: (should be) Timothy Olyphant from Justified.
- ★ Supporting Actress In A Drama Series: Margo Martindale from Justified.
- ★ Supporting Actor In A Drama Series: Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones.
- ✖ Drama Series: (should be) Game of Thrones.
- ★ Variety, Music Or Comedy Series: The Daily Show.
- ✖ Reality-Competition Program: (should be) Project Runway.
Of course, the real problem is that they can't even get the nominations right (best comedy should have been Raising Hope, for example). But it is what it is, and everybody's entitled to their opinion. Even if it's wrong.
And now... back to packing my suitcase. That'll be big fun.